Ground Rules and Policy
We currently have no plan to operate a formal booking system to use our bar facilities but we are asking all members and visitors to observe the following rules:
- The toilets for use by visitors are those situated behind the Pavilion. These have been adapted for use by both men and women and are being inspected and cleaned regularly. On weekends our pavilion ladies toilets will also be opened, access from the rear doors.
- We would request visitors wish to purchase a drink from our bar to purchasing using the ‘Swifty App’. Your table number will be marked. You can find links for the ‘Swifty App’ below
- When the bar is open it will be outdoor table service only ~ Rule of 6 or two households
- You should endeavour to remain seated at all times unless moving around to enter or to use toilet facilities
- When standing face coverings must be worn at all times
- If there are no available tables, please feel free to sit on the grass, but again in a group of no more than 6 and observing social distancing recommendations.
- PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TABLES and relocate chairs.
- We will be operating a cashless system only. Contactless cards and mobile payment only. Orders made via ‘Swifty’ are paid for within the APP
- For the week from Sat 17th April we plan open on the weekend but service during the evening from Monday 19th April will be a little more sporadic
- From sat 24th April Opening hours for the serving of drinks are planned as follows but may vary depending on weather and member needs:
- Saturdays Midday to 10pm
- Sunday 9am to 9pm (Alcohol service from Midday)
- Mon-fri 4:30pm to 9:30pm
- Last orders will be 15 minutes before closing times
- Members attending club events should inform the bar of their intention to use the facilities after 9pm during the weeknights
- Currently, there is no regular food service other than bar-snacks (crisps, peanuts, etc.)
- When in operation purchases from the Pavilion Cafe breakfast counter service (9.30 a.m.- 12 noon on Sundays) must be consumed whilst seated at a table.
- The main gates and outside toilet will continue to be locked at 10:00 every night until further notice. We have had to introduce this to reduce access to the ground by those who are unable to respect our facilities.
- Currently sporting bodies have provided specific spec guidance for those attending grounds and not participating. More information can be found here
Track and Trace
We are required by law to collect contact details from anyone who uses our bar facilities. We strongly recommend the use of NHS Track and Trace. As required by Law NHS track and trace QR codes can be found on tables, on the pavilion windows, in the entrance and around the bar area.
If you do not have a smart phone you may register before visiting ODP, please visit our website : https://www.olddeerpark.co.uk
On the home page, you will see a simple form. Please fill in your details and tick the GDPR box. We will not be retaining any information for any longer than the period required by the government.
- Tea & coffee is now available as part of our bar service.
- Opening hours will be adjusted depending on demand
- Hand sanitisers dispensers are provided around the social areas. Please use these as often as is appropriate.
- Put your rubbish (empty plastic bottles, etc.) in one of the rubbish bins when you leave ODP. Do not leave them for the staff to clean up after you.
- Remember we are sports grounds, we are stick about glass containers on site
- Be polite and understanding towards our staff. Their health and safety, like yours, is of paramount importance.
- Understand that, if our staff see behavior which is in direct contravention of our safety measures – such as gatherings larger than 6 people in a group, moving around inside without a mask, or mingling with other household groups – they have the right to close the bar facilities at any time
- We continue to feel our way through this situation. We may not get everything right straight away, but we are doing our best to provide our members and visitors with everything that we are permitted to do.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Old Deer Park is a very visible facility and therefore adherence to our rules is of paramount importance to avoid scrutiny from our neighbours and passers-by.
Heineken ‘Swifty’ App
You may use our app to place orders at the bar. We utilise an app called Swifty that is in use across many Heineken establishments.