Conditions Of Letting
All bookings made by customers (“the Hirers”) in respect of a room or rooms (“the hired premises”) at Old Deer Park (“ODPSG property”) are accepted by the Old Deer Park Sports Ground Ltd (“ODPSG”) upon the following terms.
1. All bookings will be confirmed to the hirer in writing by mail or email. On booking the hirer will be expected to make a deposit payment to secure the booking (usually the room hire cost).
2. Any person named in a booking confirmed by ODPSG shall be considered to be the hirer. Where two or more persons are so named they shall be considered to be the hirer and shall be jointly and severally be liable under these terms and conditions.
3. At the time of the booking the hirer shall state as accurately as possible the numbers that are expected to attend the function and shall undertake to ODPSG that such number will not fluctuate (upwards or downwards) by more than 20%. In the event of such a fluctuation maybe ODPSG in its absolute discretion as it ought to think fit: a) Cancel the booking forthwith without any liability whatsoever on its part and b) re-quote for the event based on the new numbers.
4. ODPSG reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without any liability on its part in the event of any damage or destruction of the ODPSG property by fire or other cause any shortage of labour or food supplies strikes lockouts or industrial action or any other cause beyond the control of ODPSG which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking.
5. If the hirer cancels a confirmed event ODPSG reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee, up to the amount demanded in the Booking Contract unless a booking is obtained for the same date from a third party on no less favourable terms.
In all instances notification of cancellation must be made in writing and will be effective on the date received by ODPSG.
6. Any charges required to be paid by ODPSG to third parties as result of any decisions or cancellation by the hirer shall be charged to the hirer.
7. The nature of the function shall be notified to ODPSG at the time of the booking and ODPSG may at its absolute discretion refuse to let the hired premises to the Hirer.
8. The Hirer shall not sublet the accommodation or any part thereof without ODPSG written consent.
9. ODPSG accepts no responsibility or liability for the theft, loss of damage of any property of the hirer, his guests or any person connected with the hirer and items left or deposited in cloakrooms or elsewhere on the Hired Premises or on ODPSG surrounding property.
10. The Hirer, will during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the hired premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of those attending the function whatever the capacity and the hirer shall indemnify ODPSG in respect of any loss damage or injury which may be incurred or be done or happen to the Hirer or any other person resulting in damage to the hired premises and ODPSG surrounding property by reason of the hirers use or of the hired premises.
11. Nothing shall be affixed to any part of the hired premises without prior consent of ODPSG
12. The hirer shall be responsible for the orderly and safe conduct of the function and shall have regard to any regulations imposed by any competent authority and shall ensure that nothing shall be done which will constitute a breach of the law or in any way cause a nuisance or be an infringement of, or occasion or render possible the forfeiture of the licences for the sale of wine, beer or spirits or for music and dancing or other permissions attaching to the hired premises.
In particular the hirer shall ensure that there is no illegal betting or gaming. The hirer shall fully indemnify ODPSG against any claims, loss or damage arising as a result of breach of this clause.
13. At the end of the function the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition.
14. ODPSG reserves the right up to 7 days before the function to request payment of a security or damage deposit, the amount of which shall be determined by ODPSG. Should the hirer fail to pay such a deposit within 7 days of being requested to do so, ODPSG may treat the booking as having been cancelled by the hirer.
15. The hirers shall be entitled to the return of any security or damage deposit no later than 7 days following the date of the function save that ODPSG will be entitled to retain such sum as is reasonable for any damage caused to ODPSG property and to cover any additional costs of cleaning ODPSG property arising from the actions of the hirer and those attending the function.
16. All Payments will be due 7 days prior to commencement of the event when final numbers are confirmed. Any outstanding balances such as bar accounts can be settled 7 days following the event as per invoice.
17. Any complaint arising out of the hiring must be made within 7 days of the function. ODPSG will give no consideration to such complaints unless received in a manner and within such time limit and shall thereafter be entitled to claim the full sum due from the hirer in respect of the hired premises.
18. ODPSG shall, at its sole and absolute discretion be entitled to make a handling charge of 20% of the value as invoiced to ODPSG of any goods or services brought in by ODPSG from a third party at the hirers request for use by the hirer on the Hired Premises, such handling charge to be added to the invoice to the hirer.
19. These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time. For the most recent terms please refer to our website http://www.olddeerpark.co.uk/conditions-of-letting/
20. This agreement is subject to the law of England and Wales.