Pavillion Bar will reopen for indoor service on Monday 7th Sept 20
From this Monday, 7th Sept, we can finally begin serving drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, inside the Pavilion at the main bar. We must continue to follow all guidelines around social distancing and we have to operate a Track and Trace service. We will, however, be constantly reviewing our operation and will adjust our services based on reality rather than assumption
Seating Indoors Main Bar
- The entrance is via Pagoda door, Please wait in the lobby to be seated. Seating is much reduced from pre Covid numbers
- You will be asked to show Track and Trace registration for the day of use
- Staff have a difficult job so please follow their direction
- Respect 2m social distance unless seated
- A maximum of 4 people seated together, this number is less than government guidance but provides for ODP SG’s seating plan.
- Chairs and tables MUST NOT be moved. You make be asked to leave if non-compliant
- Covid arrangements in the pavilion are at the discretion of the ODP management team and are applied by our on-duty staff
- There are no toilets accessible from the bar area, please use toilets accessible at the rear of the pavilion
- Be seated at all times unless at the bar or moving to enter or exit the building
- Please use electronic payments
- Hand sanitiser is provided at all tables.
- Exit only via doors near changing room steps
General Ground Rules
We are asking all members and visitors to Old Deer Park to observe the following rules:
- The toilets for use by those inside and out are those situated behind the Pavilion. These have been adapted for use by both men and women and are being inspected and cleaned regularly. On weekends our downstairs pavilion toilets will also be opened, access from the rear doors.
- There will be a clearly marked one-way system for the buying and collection of drinks for outside service.
- We would ask that only one person is responsible for the buying and collection of drinks. Please do not queue up in a group.
- Having collected your drinks, please move away from the patio area and sit with a group of no more than 6 people at one of the tables set out on the grass. If there are no available tables, please feel free to sit on the grass, but again in a group of no more than 6 and observing social distancing recommendations.
- PLEASE DO NOT MOVE ANY TABLES.
- We will be operating a cashless system only. Contactless cards and mobile pay only please.
- Opening hours for the serving of drinks are planned as follows but may vary depending on weather and member needs:
- Saturdays and Sunday 1.30pm to 9.30pm
- Weekdays 5pm to 9pm
- Last orders will be 10 minutes before closing times.
- Members should inform the bar of their intention to use the facilities after 8pm during the week nights
- Currently there is no regular food service other than bar-snacks (crisps, peanuts, etc.)
- The main gates will continue to be locked at 9.30 every night until further notice. We have had to introduce this to reduce access to the ground by undesirables
Track and Trace
We are required by law to collect contact details from anyone who uses our bar facilities. To register before visiting ODP, please visit our website : https://www.olddeerpark.co.uk
On the home page, you will see a simple form. Please fill in your details and tick the GDPR box. We will not be retaining any information for any longer than the period required by the government.
- Tea & coffee is now available as part of our bar service.
- Future opening hours will be adjusted once we know more about demand and peak times.
- Hand sanitisers dispensers are provided around the social areas. Please use these as often as is appropriate.
- Put your rubbish (empty bottles, etc.) in one of the rubbish bins when you leave ODP. Do not leave them for the staff to clean up after you.
- Be polite and understanding towards our staff. Their health and safety, like yours, is of paramount importance.
- Understand that, if our staff see behaviour which is in direct contravention of our safety measures – such as gatherings larger than 6 people in a group – they have the right to close the bar facilities at any time
- We continue to feel our way through this situation. We may not get everything right straight away, but we are doing our best to provide our members and visitors with everything that we are permitted to do.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Old Deer Park is a very visible facility and therefore adherence to our rules is of paramount importance to avoid scrutiny from our neighbours and passers-by.
We want to thank everyone who has been enjoying our grounds for daily exercise and your continued commitment to maintaining social distancing. We would request those visiting the grounds with dogs do not allow them to run loose or foul on the grounds as the grounds are now back in active daily use for Tennis and Cricket. Old Deer Park is considered an enclosed sports grounds and is therefore covered by the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames protection order 2017 (Dog Control).
This order considers it an offense to allow a dog to defecate on the grounds where the owner does not immediately remove the feces.
Renting and Booking Rooms
We are able to taking bookings for the Pagoda Room and for the Dragons, Lions and John Dawes suites upstairs.
To be compliant with government regulations we are only able to offer a limited service. We are not able to take individual bookings for social or recreational use where numbers exceed six (6) people.
If you feel our space may be a solution to your needs please contact us using the details below.
Our office will continue to operate off-site Mon – Fri during office hours via email or telephone. 0208 332 6696 email@example.com
For more information on the sporting clubs themselves please use social media channels for their latest updates.
Richmond Cricket Club on Twitter @Richmondcricket, Instagram @richmondcricketclub
London Welsh Rugby Club on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @londonwelshrfc
Richmond Lawn Tennis Club on Twitter @LawnRltc
Royal Mid Surrey Archery Club on Facebook @royalrichmondarchery
Richmond Squash Club on Facebook @RichmondSquashClub